The Elk & North East Rivers Watershed Association was formed to inspire the balance between nature and community. We advocate and work for improved water quality in the Elk & North East Rivers, their tributaries, and the Chesapeake Bay.
- We develop, evaluate and promote practices and policies to improve water quality.
- We educate the public, business owners and government officials on practices and policies that affect water quality.
- We monitor water quality in the watersheds of our rivers.
- We identify, prioritize, publicize and address issues and problems in the watersheds of our rivers.
- We organize projects to mitigate problems in the watersheds that pose threats to clean water.
- We collaborate with other nonprofit and business organizations, public entities and persons dedicated to advancing the cause of clean water in Cecil County and the entire Chesapeake Bay watershed